Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Home again

Doesn't he look wonderful?? Yes, I agree. :)
We are still not without bumps and hiccups, but our hope and prayer is that the end of this particular trial is near.

We arrived home (last) Sunday from Vanderbilt. I drove, and it was one of the scariest drives I've ever made. It seems everyone who'd been over the river and through the woods at Granny's house was going home at the last minute, so the interstate was a big NASCAR race, complete with spectacular crashes: we got stuck behind TWO major wrecks, one of which stopped traffic both ways on I-40, and required a rescue helicopter to land on the road. It ended up taking us almost five hours to make a (normally) 2 1/2-hour trip.

All things considered (yes, I'm using that phrase again. My blog ;) ), he's doing pretty well.

This week has been a bit bumpy--his headaches are still nagging and persistent, but not unmanageable. His sleep patterns are much changed due mostly to medication. His energy level is improving, however, and though he's not at top speed, life seems to be returning to some semblance of 'normal.' Hopefully in a month or so, when he's finally off all the medication, we can leave this chapter behind. Hopefully we will have left it better people.

Until then, we are thankful for every day. Christmas is more meaningful now, family moments are more precious, and the blessing of being home is more tangible. I pray that we recognize the beauty around us rather than pine for what is not. Life is a gift, just as it is, trials included.

I pray the blessings of God on all of you. Merry Christmas! :)

1 comment:

Cara said...

Wow! I didn't know this about your hubby. I'm glad he is on the mend. I'm praying!