Monday, September 07, 2009

Please shoot me

if you ever catch me using these words/phrases:

"maneurisms"...that is, a mispronunciation of "mannerisms" confused with "aneurism." I've only heard this used once, and it was shocking and appalling. Painful, actually. How would you even define such a word?

"I don't care to..." Do you not mind, or do you not want to? I'm confused. (this is a southern thing, I think)

"irregardless." Sigh. I hope I don't need to explain this one.

"I could go on and on..." Well, why don't you? In specifics. No? You can't remember details? I thought so.

"I said all that just to say..." hmm..why didn't you just say the short version an hour ago?

"To make a long story short..." see above.

"Tremendous!" This is only acceptable when combined with a Plankton voice (from Spongebob).

"But anyway..." this is only irritating when used more than three times in one sentence.

"Like I said..." If what you're about to say is just like you said a minute ago, I probably don't need/want to hear it again.

There are lots more, I'm sure...these are just some that come to mind at the moment. Stay tuned for updates. ;)

1 comment:

Miss Sarah said...

Yes, it is a Southern thing. We don't know how to make a long story short...only how to make long stories even longer. lol

May we please add the word "unthaw" to this list? It ranks right up there with "irregardless" in my book!