Monday, August 31, 2009

the Certainty of Truth

I was reading this morning and the following passage hit me right between the eyes:

Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, And apply your heart to my knowledge; for it is a pleasant thing if you keep them within you; Let them all be fixed upon your lips, so that your trust may be in the Lord; I have instructed you today, even you. Have I not written to you excellent things of counsels and knowledge,

that I may make you know the certainty of the words of truth, That you may answer words of truth to those who send to you? (Proverbs 22:17-21)

I love that we can be certain of what God has for us, that we can know the Truth!

"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)

Not only can we know the truth, but we can know the One from whom Truth issues, the source of Truth Himself:

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.." --Jesus (John 14:6)

"I know whom I have believed.." --Paul, Apostle of Jesus (2 Timothy 1:12)

And because "I know that I know that I know" :) Him and His Word, I can have an answer to those who ask what Truth is.

Lord, let my ear be inclined to Your wisdom, and my heart to Your knowledge, and let Your Word abide in me, 'fixed upon my lips.' Let me be diligent in seeking You, that I may be certain of Your Truth and that I may have an answer from You for any and all who ask.

Be blessed today. :)

No comments: